my family

my family

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Savor the seconds

Never thought I'd be so happy to be in Mesquite, Tx. I am so thankful to be surrounded by family and friends while Ryan deploys for the first time. I dreaded the car ride here, especially with a toddler, but luckily the second day was not as bad as the first. Also I took a few pictures that I love.
This one was in the morning in South Dakota. I can't remember ever witnessing the sunrise. It was mesmerizing.
The sun wanted to creep up.
I looked back at one moment and realized as we were waiting for the sunrise, the moon was still behind us wrapped up in the colorful clouds. 

 The sun rise was so beautiful. A memory I will hold onto for a long time. The three of us witnessing something so mundane, yet miraculous.

I was so excited to finally see the dried up Red River!

Donnie so enjoyed getting out of the car and being able to run around and play.

As much as I had dreaded the long drive we made a lot of great memories on the road. As we settle into Texas I am dreading this week to come to an end. Thursday. I hate Thursday. But enough about the sad stuff. I am so excited for today! Today Ryan and I get to go out on a dinner and a movie date! We haven't been on one in more than 7 months! I am also really excited to finally see Mocking Jay, but its a huge plus that I get to take a hot date with me! With only a few days left with Ryan 
in person I am just going take each day slowly and try to savor every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment